Friday 19 July 2013

Did You Know We Were Greek?

I don't think I've ever told you the story of my heritage. My great grandmother was apparently (according to my mum) a complete nutter a bit mad. She though was adamant that our family were 1/16 Greek. Any concrete evidence is missing, though I've always had a soft spot for this story and believe it a little. For example my father and I are both philosophy graduates (he being a professor) and we are both crap with money. Also we have Greek noses and both tan better than anyone else we know. I'm not sure you will need anymore convincing here than that and I can see you all nodding saying "I see it now". Yeah? Yeah. The wee man is philosophical I've noticed and he tans like a Mediterranean man. All this points one way, we're Greek.

Despite my lineage I hate the heat and it's too hot to do the simplest of things at the moment. I can barely sit in the same spot for any length of time without feeling horrid, so writing this is hard work. The wee man has it right, he has spent most of the time here at his gran's in just a nappy and he even tried life without the nappy for a while, only for me to get nervous and worry when he farted and it smelt bad so bad that back on went the nappy. He pooed soon after. A t-shirt has been applied only because it's so damn hot that the poor mite will burn without it.

Oh to walk around 90% nude without fear of someone calling the police. I would try this but my muffin top belly offends even me so everyone else won't want to look at it. As we've been sitting outside I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a cloud even if it's the size of a pea. Where's winter when you need it. Who said I was Greek.


jpr

No comments:

Post a Comment