Wednesday 3 July 2013

Homeward Bound

Two weeks after we left for our holiday we are finally home.
Despite us all still being total overwhelmed by life the wee man continues to be the wee man unaware of all that is going on around him. Some would say this would be the best place to be.

He has though been wonderful throughout the whole time. Having spent the time in a few different places he has settled well, been happy and has only woken us in the night time a couple of times. As The Chancellor has been organising things with her brothers I've been entertaining him any which way I can. In this time he has fallen in love with my parent's porch because a). It has glass doors through which he can screech at the neighbour's cat b). it has wind chimes which make a very loud noise and c). it's where my parents keep their tennis rackets. This is quite apt considering it's Wimbledon at the moment. However he has taken to running around my parent's house swinging the rackets as hard and fast as he can. This has caused me a little bit of worry as I expect to hear a crash, a bang and a wallop every time he runs off. After a while he just gets bored and stands on it as he watches the tennis, we have a star in the making I think. Next time we're down I'll hide the cricket bats that are in there too.

Despite all that's happened it's good to be back, even if it will only be for a few days. I can imagine a lot of trips south over the coming months and it's going to take a long time before we can be settled in one place again.   


jpr

No comments:

Post a Comment