Wednesday 14 November 2012

A Look Can Say A Thousand Words

A look can say a thousand words. At the end of a recent group I drummed up conversation with a lady I had seen previously but never really spoken to. After a moment of small talk it dawned on her that I might be doing childcare full time. She asked 'Oh so you're doing the full time childcare?' 'Yes' I replied. To that she raised her eyebrows and turned away from me with a look that said,  'I see so that's how they're doing it?' It wasn't a particularly mean thing but you could see exactly what she thought of a man staying off to look after their child.

She didn't offend me or upset me, she merely made made me think she was a bit of a moron. I might be a bit of a novelty at some baby groups but surely you must have seen some other dads taking their kids to these things or you know doing some parenting. In fairness it's the first look or comment, in this vain, that I've received since starting this five months ago. Anyway I would have challenged her but I was preoccupied with whether it was too late for shops to be selling bacon and sausage sandwiches. Next time.

Back to today and there is far too much happening for me to write it all down in another paragraph. So I will do a quick headline news ticker.

THE WEE MAN VOMITS FRENCH TOAST IN MIDDLE OF BABY GROUP- DAD IS NOT HAPPY.

THE WEE MAN'S GRANDMA VISITS AND DOES WASHING UP- DAD VERY HAPPY.

WEE MAN REFUSES TO NAP- WEE MAN NOT HAPPY.

There you go.


jpr

  

No comments:

Post a Comment