Tuesday 8 January 2013

Victory

Victory, of sorts, was achieved last night. Finally. The cycle of very early wake-up calls ended as the wee man stayed asleep all the way through until seven o'clock. This really was welcome to us after eight broken nights and early mornings. Whether it will happen again is another thing. I dare say it won't but being pessimistic on subjects like this is better than being optimistic. 

This week has seen the return of all our baby groups which everyone is happy about. There will hopefully, until half term, be no more days where we're bimbling around trying to fill our days. Today was a bounce and rhyme group which is run by perhaps the most enthusiastic person I've ever met. If you think of Tigger from Winnie The Pooh and then give him Speed or Ecstasy and you get this lady. Having said that she is one of the reasons why we drive twenty minutes to get to the group. 

So with a crazed lady bouncing around the place at a breakneck speed I found it quite difficult to keep up with the pace. My difficulty in keeping up with her was hampered by me carrying a fair amount of excess weight from Christmas. I found myself breathless at various points which is dreadful of someone my age. I wonder now if the lady who runs the group ever sits still or if she has any down time. If she does she must have one hell of a downer.

The wee man all tired out crashed in the car on the way home and I was nothing but jealous watching him snooze in the back of the car. Being a parent at times is rubbish. I wouldn't mind a couple of naps a day and I also wouldn't mind a driver and someone making me all my meals and...


jpr    


No comments:

Post a Comment